At times we can have a love hate relationship with sugar.
We love it because it is sweet in tasty treats. We hate it because it can be unhealthy, causing health issues for our body, when consume too much.
In general we should avoid adding too much sugar to our tea or coffee as we get plenty of sugar (maybe more than we should) in our daily intake. Such as in bread, pasta, and so on. Sugar is in many foods.
Here are five benefits of brown sugar:
1. Great for the skin – Brown sugar can be used as a scrub for the face, and body. It will remove dead skin cells when exfoliating the skin, and will reveal new skin cells. This is a great way to promote radiant glowing skin.
2. Contains molasses – Brown sugar contains molasses (that contain more nutrients than found in white sugar) which give a wonderful taste, and produce a brown-like syrup. This is great for moist recipes like cake, and puddings. It is also wonderful, for giving that syrup coating, such as on caramelised onions.
3. Can boost energy – Just like with any sugar, brown sugar can temporarily boost your energy. Giving you some energy for a short period of time. This can be good when you add it to your morning tea or coffee, as it can jump start your day (just a little boost to get you on your way).
4. Can remove scars – Brown sugar can be used to help to make scars become less visible. New skin cells will emerge when you exfoliate the skin, which will remove scars over time. This is great as brown sugar is very affordable.
5. Can reduce cellulite – As you can tell, brown sugar has many benefits for the skin. You can make a brown sugar body scrub, and massage it into areas where there is cellulite. Doing so can reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Brown sugar really does have plenty of beauty benefits for the skin. You can easily make your own scrub at home. I like to mix some brown sugar with coconut or olive oil.
Thank you so much for reading. I hope you found these benefits helpful. Have a lovely day.
Capili Jiron x x