Wow, it’s now been just over a week in the new year. So far 2017 has been going well for me. I have been allocating a decent amount of time daily to each of my 2017 Resolutions which are:
- Schedule blog.
- Complete recipe journal.
- Enter weekly reflection.
- Attend Events & Cosplay.
- Start making videos.
- Blog tutorials.
- Exercise more.
- Study more.
- Write more stories.
You can read here to view further details about my 2017 Resolutions 🙂 🙂
As mentioned in a previous post (you can read here) I will be making a Weekly Diary post every Sunday for 2017. The idea of doing this is to keep me motivated, and on track with my goals.
The Weekly Diary is to cover five areas which are:
- Time allocated to tasks.
- Completed list.
- Favourite task.
* Week 1 * – 1st to 7th January 2017
1. Time allocated to tasks (total time spent on each task):
- Blog – 15 hours
- Try new recipe – 2 hours
- Research events – 2 hours
- Plan videos – 1 hour
- Plan blog tutorials 1 hour
- Exercise – 7 hours
- Write stories – 5 hours
2. Completed list:
- Blog – I was able to plan each blog post, and got them done.
- Try new recipe – I tried out one new recipe, was able to complete it, and note down other recipes to try next. Trying new existing recipes will help me come up with my own new recipes.
- Research events – I was able to research fun events to attend this year. I now know the months that Supanova, IMATS, SMASH, and Comic Con will be on.
- Plan videos – I have managed to plan out some videos that I will film, as I am starting my YouTube channel this month.
- Plan blog tutorials – I have written a list of tutorials that I will be doing here on my blog, using photos, and step-by-step instructions.
- Exercise – each day I have been doing yoga for 30 minutes, and a 30 minute workout video from on YouTube.
- Write stories – I was able to draft out two short stories, which I will later write into further detail, to make them complete stories.
- Plan videos – This has been challenging as I am not too sure which type of video I will start off with. It’s either going to be a drawing, make-up, anime-related, or DIY video. I still need to decide.
- Exercise – I have been exercising each day, and it has been hard with making myself do it, especially when I really haven’t felt like it. But I know in the end, it will be worth it for my health, and wellbeing.
- Write stories – I love writing so much, but it has been hard having a tight schedule, and then forcing myself to write in an allocated time. The good thing is I was still able to write two good short stories, which I am excited to develop further.
- New furniture – We had a tv cabinet arrive from ordering online, and it had to be assembled. Instructions were really bad, but we got there in the end.
4. Favourite task:
- Write stories – Even though I struggled with the allocated time. I was still able to write two stories, and I really enjoyed writing them, as I got further into it. I really enjoy creating characters, and being able to write an inspiring story based on them.
- Blog – I have been nominated for an award, so I am super happy for that as it is my first nomination (I will share details about this in a post tomorrow).
- Research events – This was really fun and exciting. It was a great way to find out what months my favourite events are on, so I am now able to plan my cosplay outfits, and look forward to the amazing events.
- New furniture – I am so happy with our new sofa, and tv cabinet.
Blog post I have done this week:
- 2 January 2017 – * Benefits of writing everyday – WELLBEING *
- 3 January 2017 – * 5th Edition – Metric Pattern Cutting for Women’s Wear by Winifred Aldrich – PATTERN DRAFTING *
- 4 January 2017 – * 2016/2017 TAG – Q&A *
- 5 January 2017 – * December 2016 – MONTHLY favourites *
- 6 January 2017 – * The Last Guardian – NEW GAME *
- 7 January 2017 – * The benefits of smiling – WELLBEING *
This first week of this year has gone well. I am sure it will get more challenging as the year goes on. I will be back to studying in February. It can be hard at times working, studying, and blogging, but I really enjoy doing them all. I love achieving goals, and the feeling that I am always moving forward to bigger, and better things.
Thank you so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed this first entry. I am sure the style of it will most likely change as the year goes on. Have a beautiful day, and reflect on your 2017 goals as well, when you have some time!
Capili Jiron x x