For the month of December 2016 I decided to draw Anime and Disney characters.
The challenge is to draw either Anime or Disney characters in ‘Christmas theme’ each day, with the last drawing being on Christmas day.
With each drawing I hope to bring happiness and inspiration to you. Each quote matches the drawing it is on, and is to remind us all that we can achieve anything that we set our minds to, and can be the best version of ourselves.
I thought I would write a few posts on my blog to share each of the drawings with you, as I have only shared these drawings on my instagram – @artistbybeauty.
Here are the first six drawings I have done this month:
1) * 1 December 2016 * – Alice in Wonderland – I draw this picture of Alice as I really love the fantasy style, and imagination becomes reality side to it. I love the quote ‘We all have dreams’, as it is a reminder that we all want to obtain our goals and dreams. And that we all face challenges, but it is important to never give up. We must keep going because you will never know how close you are to your success. Success will happen with continuous hard work, and when you less expect it.
2) * 2 December 2016 * – Fairy tail – I drew Happy and Carla from one of my favourite anime’s Fairy tail. I wanted to include Carla as she is basically Happy’s crush. I mainly wanted to draw Happy as his name says it all, and he is always ‘Happy’. The quote ‘Be happy’ is one we can all relate to. Happiness is very important in life, and it is the little things that we should appreciate and be happy about. Little things such as time with friends and family, going for walks, and enjoying the sunshine. Sometimes we can be too serious with our lives, and need to just let go and relax. Be happy >^.^<
3) * 3 December 2016 * – Bambi – Bambi is one of the sweetest characters. I really love the original Disney cartoon movies. I really enjoyed drawing Bambi and the cute bunny. I love the quote ‘Share with others’ as it is always nice to share and put a smile on someone elses face. Sharing does not only have to be things, it can be listening to someone who needs to be heard, or even just smiling at someone – you will be surprised by how a smile can brighten someones day (people love to be smiled at as it creates happiness and acknowledges the other person).
4) * 4 December 2016 * – Pokemon – Pikachu is such a cutie, especially when he’s eating an apple >^.^< I wanted to draw him as he is of the colour yellow which makes me feel happy looking at him and he is super adorable. The quote ‘Enjoy the little things’ is to remind us to do just that – enjoy the little things. Things like food, water, going for walks, time with loved ones, and reading a good book. It is always good to look at and be thankful for the things you have and not focus on the things you do not have. When you are thankful and appreciate what you have, you will attract more wonderful things in your life.
5) * 5 December 2016 * – Aladdin – This was a very lovely picture to draw. Aladdin and Princess Jasmine are such an adorable couple. The quote ‘Love’ is to remind us to love ourselves, and to show those that we love, that we love them. Caring for, cooking for, supporting, helping out, and complimenting our loved ones are all little ways to show that we love and appreciate them.
6) * 6 December 2016 * – Hello Kitty & Miffy – I thought these two looked like they would be friends, so I decided to draw them together >^.^< ‘Friendship’ is important for all. We cannot go through life alone. We need other people to be there for us whether they be a partner, friends or family. As much as we might at times think we can do all things on our own, we cannot. We have to realise it is ok to learn and get the support from others. Plus you can learn more and grow faster from learning from others, and they can learn from you. Treasuring friendships is important as we all have times of need, needing someone to talk to, and someone to care about us.
Each of these pictures are drawn using a fine copic black ink pen to outline, and faber castell colouring in pencils to colour. I hope you found this post inspiring and helpful.
Thank you so much for reading. Be sure to check back to see other drawings or look on my instagram to see all up to date drawings. Have a wonderful day!
Capili Jiron x x