We all love the feeling of success.
In order to have success, we have to have goals, and take steps to achieve them.
I believe that anyone can achieve what they want to obtain, and what it all comes down to is – Discipline. Having the ability to take the steps needed to achieve your goal, and doing the tasks required, whether you like it or not.
There are always going to be times when you do not feel like doing anything, it is normal. You just have to remember that when you are not working hard at something, there is always someone else out there who is working extremely hard to achieve their goals.
Let’s be honest. How many times have you regretted working hard at something which you achieved, and it led you to success? I bet your answer is none. But when you keep putting off something it makes you feel much worst, more than not trying to do the tasks required to achieve your goals.
Now these are the steps I use to achieve my goals:
1. Write goals on paper – I prefer writing on paper in a notebook, than having them listed in a spreadsheet on my computer. As I can pick up my notebook anytime, and look over my goals.
2. Write dates – In order to achieve the goals, write down the dates that you would like to accomplish them by. Doing so will help motivate you to achieve your goals, as you have a deadline.
3. Break into steps – Take each goal, and write down steps you need to take to achieve the goal. Be specific – for example – lets say my goal is to write a book by the date xx-xx-2017. I would allocate weekly tasks to: draft, put into chapters, select images, write the final, and publish. It may be that for the first two months towards my goal that I would like to allocate to drafting, so I would note down the dates in my dairy that I need to draft, and will draft during the allocated times, no matter what.
4. Reflect on goals daily – This is very powerful. I find it best each night to look over my goals, and remind myself what I am working towards. Doing so will keep you motivated, and make you feel good with what you are achieving.
5. Do not give up – If you have a day where you look over your goals, and did not achieve your daily task, its ok. Just fit it in over the next coming days, and more importantly do not feel bad. Never give up, do not let anything hold you back. Do not think you are not smart enough or too old to achieve something. We constantly learning new things everyday. Everyone learns at a different pace, and in different ways. Time will pass by no matter what, so do not think that time is an issue, just do it!
We all have goals, and there is enough room in this world for everyone to achieve their own dreams >^.^<
Thank you so much for reading. Have a beautiful day!
Capili Jiron x x
2 thoughts on “How to set goals – GOAL setting”
Great reminder how important goal setting is!
Thank you. Yes goal setting is so important 🙂 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person