Your alarm alerts you to get up. You hit the button to turn it off, just to get a couple more minutes of sleep… You then wake up, panicking as you have slept longer than expected, and now your going to be late for work.
You get ready quickly, and decide to brush your hair while in the car. I mean, you my as well since you’ll be stuck in traffic. You get to work 20 minutes late, and the day just drags as you are so tired, but have to keep focus to get through all your work.
Basically since the day started off bad, being in a rush, it has caused you to stress. Putting you in, not the best mood.
We all have ways to de-stress and be happy. Here are my top 5 ways on how I turn a bad day into a good day:
1. Read a book that inspires you. It’s always a great idea to put a book in your bag when going to work. As you can relax during lunch by reading, and it will take you mind off work. I like to read travel books – as they inspire me to plan my next holiday, self-help books – as they help me with my own personal growth, and manga – as I enjoy this type of art and story telling.
2. Get creative and draw. Even if you don’t consider yourself to be an artist, drawing is very good for the mind. You can even purchase adult colouring books (that are good if your not good at drawing), you see colouring is not just for children >^.^< Don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise. Drawing simple flowers or even just scribbling helps the mind relax as well.
3. Drink green tea. Green tea has many benefits as it contains antioxidants and nutrients that the body will very much love. It has less caffeine than coffee. I find it to be relaxing and awakening at the same time. I drink green tea on a daily basis and highly recommend it! Also make sure you are drinking plenty of water daily >^.^<
4. List your goals and reflect. Grab your favourite notebook, and write a list of your goals. What I like to do is write a list of goals for the year, then note the date I would like to achieve the goal by, and then write the steps over – days, weeks, months, that I need to take in order to achieve the goals. Listing and reflecting helps, as it makes me happy to see what I am achieving, and what I plan to achieve in the near future.
5. Watch a series that you love. Sure I love television programmes like ‘Game of Thrones’ and ‘The Walking Dead’. But what I really love is anime! I find it very relaxing, and it makes me extremely happy (even if it has sad moments, although I would avoid watching ‘Clannad’ on a bad day as it would just make you depressed, its too sad). I love Hunter x Hunter, Attack on Titan, Nana, Dragon Ball Z, Claymore, Code Geass, Sailor Moon, and much more… too many to list (I will write a top 10 anime list sometime).
So there you have it, my top 5 ways to be happy when having a bad day. I hope this list helps you as much as it does for me.
Thank you so much for reading. Have a wonderful day dear!
Capili Jiron x x